Monday, February 25, 2013

Davos and World Champs in Photos!!

I'm a little behind on my updating so I'll catch everyone up with some photos!

I spent about 5 days in Davos doing some training and racing the classic sprint World Cup. It didn't go as well as I'd hoped, but Davos was an incredible place and it was a lot of fun to be back at a World Cup! Something worth noting was that Sadie and I tied to the hundredth in a prelim that was over 4 mins - a true Sodie moment!

Big snowy mountains

trains!

Alphorn!

Toi tois
Andy 4th in Davos sprint!

After the weekend of racing in Davos, we packed up and drove to Val di Fiemme for World Champs!! We were staying in a little town called Predazzo, located about 10 mins from the World Champs stadium. We were also able to ski to the stadium from Predazzo on the Marcialonga trail. This was a nice option because it's very flat and the race courses are very hilly and sometimes hard to train on. I raced the classic sprint at World Champs. I qualified in 30th place, just barely squeaking into the heats. I ended up 4th in my quarter final and 20th on the day and it was so much fun. My heat was extremely hard but I tried to ski tactically well and fight for every position. Personally, I was happy with how my race went, but I know some of my teammates ended up a little disappointed with their results. It was a tricky waxing day and it was a course where you needed skis that were both fast and kicking because it had some big hills as well as a lot of double poling.

Liz and Andy

Ida, Jessie, and Sades

Jessie and Sadie

Valentine from my momma!

skiing the Marcialonga with Ides


Me and Jessie

pre race prep

my quarter final heat in the finishing stretch

my prelim
Now for the most exciting part of the week....yesterday I was able to witness Kikkan and Jessie become World Champs!!! It was AWESOME - definitely one of the most exciting days of skiing I've ever been a part of. It was so much fun being a part of the team this week and I have so much respect for everyone competing and know they're going to have a bunch more kickass results in the rest of the week. My next races are the Slavic Cups in Nove Mesto the first weekend in March and then I'll race in the World Cup Sprints in Lahti and Drammen before heading home March 14th!!

All smiles on the big screen

Big group of US fans

World Champs!

That's my roomie!
Add caption

No comments:

Post a Comment